Tuesday, April 27, 2010

R1P2D2 - Holy Sh*t!

Yesterday's weight: 142.8
Today's weight: 139.0
Daily -/+: -3.8
Total -/+: -0.6

Down almost 4 lbs. from yesterday?  AMAZING!

I realize most of the gain was from sodium/water retention from my load days but never in my year and a half of my lifestyle change have I ever seen a loss that huge!  I'm excited but not too excited because I'm still a little skeptical about HCG.  I know the testimonies are in the thousands(!) but still... can it really be that good?  Only time - and the scale - will tell!

So last night was the hardest part of the day to get through.  I was home all night (the boyfriend works at night) and still had some left-over food from the load days and they were so calling my name.  But how in the world could I even think of cheating on my first day?!  So instead, I ended up drinking over 12 cups of water and tea to kill the hunger pangs yesterday and brushed my teeth at 8:30 at night.  So early but it helped!

Before HCG I was in a habit of chewing sugar-free gum after dinner to hold me over and kill my dessert temptations so it was a little hard to handle without it last night.

Will be back to post how today went, just wanted to get that 3.8 lbs. loss out there!

2 comments:

lavenderdiva said...

Congratulations on your -3.8lb loss today! You're off to a great start this round. 2 tips for you: Get Lifecaps to help with the hunger pangs you may occasionally feel during the day. No cals, no fat, but they help quell the hunger pangs- they're for survivalists, and they do work. I take 2 every day, but you can take up to 3/day. Link here: http://www.lifecaps.net/

Next, consider splitting up your fruits to eat during the day. I eat 1/4 of an apple for breakfast with 1/2 of my grissini portion, 1/2 apple at lunch, & 1/4 apple around 3-4pm, when I need something to tide me over until dinner. I have another apple and the other portion of grissini later in the evening after dinner w/ a cup of hot decaffeinated tea, when I'm hungry again.

I don't see you eating the grissini in your daily intake? Be sure to include it so you don't develop a carb intolerance once you are in P3/maintenance.

K said...

That's an excellent loss. I found day 3 & 4 really really hard and then the hunger went away.

I chewed juicy fruit sugar-free gum the whole time on P2. I lost 32.5 pounds but who knows I may have lost more if I didn't chew the gum. Everyone's different in what their body will react to. I'm a newbie to this as it's my first round so I'm not an expert but in the protocol manual it says that there have been a lot of sugar-free inventions but it doesn't come right out and say it's okay. But I just couldn't go without the gum.
Congrat's on the excellent loss.